News:

Membership is free. Register for an account as long as you are not a spammer. Spammers are blocked and reported.

Main Menu
Advertisement

Welcome to Kentucky Lake Bass Fishing. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:47:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

djkimmel

2011-05-01, 15:04:11

Members
  • Total Members: 13
  • Latest: Bhokta
Stats
  • Total Posts: 11
  • Total Topics: 11
  • Online today: 188
  • Online ever: 602
  • (March 04, 2020, 04:55:08 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Walmart Bass Fishing League LBL Division To Host Event On Kentucky/Barkley Lakes

Started by djkimmel, September 09, 2011, 10:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

FLW Outdoors News

Walmart Bass Fishing League LBL Division To Host Event On Kentucky/Barkley Lakes

Bass changing patterns amidst seasonal transition

GILBERTSVILLE, Ky. (Sept. 1, 2011) – The Walmart Bass Fishing League is headed to Kentucky/Barkley Lakes Sept. 10-11 for its fifth and final stop in the LBL Division. This will be a two-day super tournament where as many as 400 boaters and co-anglers will be competing for top awards up to $11,000 and $4,500, respectively.

"I think it's going to be typical fishing on our lakes," said Prevacid pro Dan Morehead of Paducah, Ky. "I'm not going to say the fish are going to be in full-blown fall pattern yet by any means, but the bait fish are starting to move around and relocate.  They will be spread out a lot more, which makes everything harder.

"Jigs, worms and crankbaits will come back into play now that the fish are moving up shallower, and there might be some topwater action early in the morning, but that won't last long," Morehead added.  "I don't think it's going to take a huge weight to do well in the tournament, but at the same time we still have one of the best lakes in the country, so if someone busts off a 20 pound stringer one day, I'm not going to be surprised.  I'd say 34 to 36 pounds will win the tournament."

Takeoffs will be at Kentucky Dam Marina located at 446 Marina Drive in Gilbertsville at 6:30 a.m. each morning. Saturday's weigh-in will be at the marina beginning at 2:30 p.m., and Sunday's final weigh-in is scheduled for 3 p.m. at the Walmart located at 310 West 5th St. in Benton.  Takeoffs and weigh-ins are free and open to the public.

The Kentucky/Barkley Lakes BFL tournament is being hosted by the Marshall County Tourist Commission.

The BFL is a 24-division circuit devoted to weekend anglers, offering bigger prizes to those who qualify for regional championships and those who make it to one of the longest-running championships in all of competitive bass fishing – the Walmart BFL All-American presented by Chevy. Top winners in the BFL can move up to the EverStart Series or even the Walmart FLW Tour.

For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow the BFL on Facebook at Facebook.com/BassFishingLeague. For news surrounding FLW Outdoors on Facebook, follow Facebook.com/FLWFishing and on Twitter at Twitter.com/FLWOutdoors.

ABOUT FLW OUTDOORS
FLW Outdoors is the best in fishing, on and off the water. Anglers worldwide can compete for millions over the course of 191 tournaments in 2011. FLW Outdoors has taken fishing mainstream with the world's richest fantasy sports game, FLW Fantasy Fishing presented by Straight Talk, where competitors can play for free as well as sign up for Player's Advantage to gain an edge. For more information about FLW Outdoors and FLW Fantasy Fishing, visit FLWOutdoors.com or FantasyFishing.com.

Advertisement